Sunday, October 27, 2019

Happy Halloween

Some love to decorate for every holiday on the calendar. Others don't bother. I am someplace in the middle. Halloween is not my favorite holiday, not because it violates some religious code or because it scares little kids, or even because the idea of going out begging or offering threats to get bags full of candy seems a bit greedy, rather because I was horrible at creating costumes for my daughters. My idea of a cute costume was to curse the aisle of Target to find the latest rendition of the current TV cartoon creature. I still remember the Big Bird and Strawberry Shortcake costumes made of plastic in the mid '80 that concealed my daughters' identities. I do hope they have forgiven me.

My daughters do much better for their children.

Then there are those out there who decorate the dollhouses for the holidays. I am much too busy trying to figure out a roof for the Bellingham and getting the San Franciscan done and delivered to Jen to make cute decorations for the miniature village in the basement.

But hold on. I have done bit of Halloween decorating this year.


I love this house. It was my first big project. A $100 house that was in sore need of renovation. It taught me a lot. You can see more if you search Blue Farmhouse because it was once blue.


Looks like the kids have returned from Trick or Treating with a bag full of sweets.


Nor do they seem too alarmed that there is skeleton on their porch.

Inside, the mom of the house decorates as I do: throw a container of fake seasonal flowers on the table and call it festive.


Across the room, the Bellingham has a few gratuitous pumpkins rotting on the steps. They've been there for weeks. The skeleton just might be grandpa.


The home maker here isn't creative either. She's more concerned with keeping her hair pink and shopping, still the cat seems to appreciate the decorations or is that empty cereal bowl with a spot of milk in the bottom that attracts her attention?


Across the way, at the Lafayette where the mermaids and Mooshkas hang, it looks like they managed to get a couple jack-o-lanterns on the front porch. Search for 'Lafayette' and 'Mooshka' to see how this little house actually got me started. I found it for $5 at at huge sale of junk. I enjoyed working it and it, too, taught me a so much. 



And that is the extent of my Halloween decorating in the miniature village.

Now for a technical issue that I have been struggling with. I am not able to leave comments on other blogs, especially some that use Blogger, as I do. I replied to the two sweet comments left on my last post, but those replies have disappeared or were never posted. I am upset because I can't leave comments either. I've done some research and found this article, "Do You Have a Problem Leaving Comments on Blogger Blogs?"

Apparently I am not alone. Has anyone else had this problem? How do we fix it? Any suggestions will help. 

Please forgive me, then, for not replying or even leaving a comment on your blogs. I try. If you are on Facebook or Instagram, I always leave comments, but there's nothing like leaving a nice comment on the blog post itself. I haven't yet started putting the dollhouses and miniatures on social media. I only have half a dozen followers on IG and I would probably start a new Facebook page for the miniatures, until I sort all of this out, I'll continue use the blog and I will faithfully read yours, love and appreciate your comments and try to keep up on the other platforms. 

Happy Halloween, friends. 

Thanks for visiting.

I am back. I just did some more research since my comment on another blog did not post. Here is what I found: Just checked my 2 Blogger blogs and for those wanting to set up as you suggest the option is in Settings> Posts and Comments > Anyone
I then turn on Comment moderation, to prevent spam, and add my email so that I am notified when a comment has been made.

I have made these adjustments on this blog. I hope my comments now are preserved. Perhaps you might want to double check your settings if you think that you are losing comments. 




3 comments:

  1. I love your miniature decorations!
    So far my comments seem to go through, I shall keep a watch now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The farmhouse is so full of cozy charm and it's so much fun to see it decorated for Halloween! I love the new color scheme, too! You seem to find the best little houses in need of a little TLC and creativity!
    And thanks for your tenacious research of the comment problem. I have heard of the issue from many others and I know your findings are bound to help many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Halloween NOT post has tickled me immensely Ann, and I think it's because I can relate to each and every mini homeowner preoccupation and general disinterest in it, but what I have to say I enjoyed the most was Grandpa on the front porch swing along with the rotting pumpkins on the front steps which have been there for weeks!
    I actually allowed that to happen outside my own RL house so it felt good to know that regarding that particular experience- I am not alone! ;D

    ReplyDelete

Ordinary Women

 In March we celebrate Women , their accomplishments and place in American History. The Media and other institutions tend to immortalize the...