Monday, November 22, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving




 I’m creating this post on my phone using the voice feature. we’ll see how this goes. my modem died today; it’s been a slow death for several months. I spent a good part of the afternoon first on the phone trying to get a new one ordered and then on the chat from my iPhone, so it’s been a challenging afternoon.  I want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving holiday and hope that you are able to spend good time with your families. 


Last summer I decided to re-create my grandmothers Thanksgiving dinnerThanksgiving dinner. The plan was to make a room box to re-create her dining room I just haven’t gotten around that yet. I made all the food using oven bake polymer clay and probably blogged about it sometime ago when I created the turkey, the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the pies, and the dressing.  the table is inspired by my grandmothers Thanksgiving table using her Montgomery ward currier and Ives red dishes. I found the dishes on replacements.com where I was able to capture an image and sized it in Microsoft Word and print it on water slides to create a replica of grandma‘s table.  the setting is in the blue farmhouse now pink and is a reminder every time I look at the scene of a wonderful childhood celebration with the whole family.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends wishing you a wonderful celebrations into those abroad we send our Thanksgiving blessings to you as well thank you for joining me see you soon .


4 comments:

  1. You are so brave to venture outside the "normal" process for creating a post! It looks like it was successful! The Thanksgiving scene set up is wonderful, your turkey looks juicy and delicious and the plates you embellished look lovely! I love the idea you have for recreating your grandmother's dining room - sounds like a project that the whole family can contribute to! And in the meantime, the farmhouse kitchen looks homey and inviting. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Ann! And good luck with the new modem. Tech issues always seem to hit us at the worst and most inconvenient time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jodi. Did you notice few capital letters? There are probably 3 of us who remember my grandmothers’s Thanksgiving. I have the dishes, water glasses, and table cloth, even. Memories that live a lifetime. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your resourcefulness. I’ve been known to create posts on my iPad, but never on my phone. Thanksgiving evokes memories of my grandmothers too. Mostly my maternal grandmother who lived to be 100 years old. She cooked a lot of turkeys in her years. I love that you recreated so many of the details of your grandmother’s kitchen and dining rooms. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby was only 62 when she died. I was 13. I still miss her. I guess that’s what I love do much about minis. We can live in our dreams. I am thankful to have you as a mentor and friend. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Ordinary Women

 In March we celebrate Women , their accomplishments and place in American History. The Media and other institutions tend to immortalize the...