Monday, July 25, 2022

The Manchester certainly has taken a back seat to other chores, duties, and obligations, but I also became very frustrated with the project. That's not all. I realize that it has taken me so long because I get distracted with other mini projects along the way, yet that distraction sort of goes with the plan of finishing one room at a time. It take a long while to finish a dollhouse if that's how it works.

Mistakes cause set backs, too. Today's post is fine example. You might want to read this blog post if you didn't read it a few weeks ago," Not What I Wanted to Post" because it chronicles the saga of a misplaced piece of trim around the addition opening to the dining room that required removing wallpaper--which really isn't such a big deal if you have plenty of paper. When, however, you used the only two sheets of scrapbook paper and after searching all the available sources in the area and you can't replace it, then you have a problem.

Finally, however, I did find a Hobby Lobby paper pack that had a close enough match to the green already in the living room. The photo here does not represent the replacement paper because of lighting, but once in the house it is perfect. It shows more gray here but is actually an olive color.


The major problem with changing the paper was cut-outs for the wired-in wall sconces. I made a new template and after attempting a dry fit with the it, I realized that I would have to slit the inner side of the paper where the slit really won't show. I was too afraid that I'd rip the paper trying to force the sconce through the hole and there would be glue on the wall, too. Messy.


Here's the wall, still sticky from the previous paper installation.


Dry fit the new paper. Loving the color. Doesn't exactly match the wall across the room, but close enough.


And yes. Lights work! Press and Seal kitchen wrap has be placed to protect the adjacent wall from glue--wonderful stuff since it self adheres and does not need tape and won't peel away any paper when it's removed.


Instead of putting glue on the paper, I've smeared it on the wall. The craft stick is a perfect applicator.


Now carefully place the paper. I began by sliding it flush with the ceiling and working down and around each sconce.


I feel so much better with this wall finished. 


I can't believe I spent as much money as I did on this amazing set: the Keurig-like coffee maker with k-cups. I've searched and searched Etsy and finally found them at Genies MiniHouse Shop. She had the makers and stands in colors. Pink is always my choice, but since the regular coffee maker is black, I chose the black. Each piece is sold separately and supplies were going fast. The Keurig-like piece came with a filled cup of coffee. Perfect for a mid afternoon snack with a couple of cookies. Decaf, please.




 And that is all she wrote for last week. We will see what this week brings. The project in the a holding pattern are the kitchen cabinets that need their handles like the ones on the coffee bar, but I can't find them. I had them now I don't. 

So I'll be working on a scrapbook for Lucy's 14th birthday. The party will be this Friday, a few days ahead, but her birthday comes during fair so we'll eat cake early. Next week will be a long week. I'm glad I'm the grandmother and not the mom who will be herding 3 girls and 12 animals. Dog show is over; next Horse, goats, pig, and rabbit. If I can find my cabinet handles maybe I'll have something to write about next week.

Have a great week. Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. I’m glad that you were able to find a suitable wallpaper and that you got it applied. The room looks so fresh and inviting. Your coffee station is adorable. My dolls really need something like that although at our houses, we have tea and cookies. Did you make the Milanos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherrill. No, I did not make the package. Etsy. But I think I'll make a plate of polymer clay cookies when I get time. Now, with your 3D printer you could make your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does feel so good to overcome a problem, especially when the outcome looks so beautiful! I love the room and I love that you are now free to tackle the rest of the kitchen! It sounds like real life is full of fun for a while, but with such amazing new minis to display in the kitchen, I bet you can't wait to get in there and work on your plans! Can't wait for the next progress report!

    ReplyDelete

Ordinary Women

 In March we celebrate Women , their accomplishments and place in American History. The Media and other institutions tend to immortalize the...