Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Groovin' to "Mustang Sally"

 Happy New Year, Friends. How did you survive the holidays? This year was a little rough; mostly because I was just didn't seem to be very organized. I did manage to pull off a nice family dinner on Christmas Eve that serves double duty, celebrating Christmas and our daughter's birthday. The grandchildren are growing up so and now two of them have sweethearts who joined us for holiday. 

The basement serves as the staging area for decorating and looks like Christmas exploded down there, but most of the boxes are now stored, but the dollhouse work is scattered.

The Manchester still needs a roof.



I've go a good start on the roof, using Greenleaf's speed shingles. The third floor needs flooring and papering. I've got the garage held together with masking tape, so its needs to be assembled. 


If families can have an official car, ours is the classic Ford mustang. This is my '67 coupe that I bought in 1971, my first car. It's stored in our barn, but in August 2019, we moved it out and dusted it off so that we could host the husband's 50th class reunion and a wedding. I'm not sure what I'll eventually do with this classic coupe, but for now it stays warm and safe. 


So the Manchester will have two cars. One the Classic '67 mustang coupe and the everyday car, an EV Tesla. 


It's a fixer-upper-- like the real one.


The canister vacuum is a handy tool in the garage.


And the Manchester will have a lawn, so it needs the lawn mower.


And tools: battery cables, wrenches, pliers, an oil can, vice scripts, and of course screw drivers.


Pink's Cousin, Key Chain Barbie couldn't wait to get under the hood.


She'll have the 4 barrel carb so fine tuned, this baby'll hum like honey bee.

Truthfully, once I got the cars in the garage, I realized that they aren't 1:12 scale, so I'll be shopping for a larger mustang--one in perfect condition. 


As if finishing the Manchester and assembling a garage aren't enough to keep me busy, I bought a new house this morning. I found this Real Good Toys on Facebook Market Place last night and just had to inquire. The seller messaged me at 6 this morning and the deal was made before the sun came up.




It's a small house and I think it will be a lot fun. I'm thinking Country French cottage. I have sworn not to open the box until have the Manchester done!

So, the New Year is off a sweet start. I had a birthday just before Christmas so I've got a fresh new year to work on. I'll spend time with the granddaughters helping them work on their English literature credits since they are home schooled. I have a major DAR project to complete. I spent all summer researching a tiny church in Northern Colorado to get it designated as a DAR historical site and there is more work to do on that project. 

The Denver Miniature and Toy Museum will have its Little Show in Denver in February, which is always so much fun. My next project, actually, will be to recreate my grandmother's mountain log cabin she called Shangri-La. A local miniaturist vender and builder David Nelson will help me design it. I hope to have plans ready for the the show so that we can get a kit prepared. This will be a wonderful trip down memory lane for me and will be a way preserve those memories and share with the next generations. 

What plans do you have for 2024? It'll be fun to see what everyone accomplishes this year.

Thanks for stopping by. It's always a pleasure.

Fondly, Ann


4 comments:

  1. A new house! I wait to see what you will be doing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What colors would you choose? I am thinking a Country French cottage. I'm probably not going to start until summer when I can build it in the garage. Happy New, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Ann! And happy Christmas and new year. You have lots of goodmprojects to keep working on, and love the new kit! It's always great to get a new kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated birthday wishes Ann. Hope you have an amazing year. Love how the garage is starting off with a replica of the Mustang. A new house to begin in 2024 - I will look forward to seeing what you do with it. Maybe this year I will actually get on with my house. The year is new and full of possibilities.
    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete

Houseworks, LTD Garage Kit, a Perfect Fit

It's late April and we are supposed to be doing spring garden clean up, cutting back last year's canes on the roses, hacking away at...