Friday, January 12, 2024

Shop 'til ya Drop

 All the Christmas decorations have been stored for another year, but the basement family room is still a mess, so I've been working on getting it back into order so that I can get the Manchester finished, all the while shopping on line for little things and scouring Pinterest for ideas on the how to decorate the Newbury. I've sworn not to even take it out of the box until I've got the roof on the Manchester and the attic floor finished. 😆😐. We will see how long that declaration  lasts.

I've found a new Etsy shop that has nice very 3-D printed items. I just received her sewing machine that will go in the Manchester sewing/craft room, a blender that most resembles mine of the '80s, a free gift bottle, and the hand pump. Nice quality and reasonably priced. The Etsy store Shop Mini Decor and More is located in Las Vegas, NV, so shipping time is fast--for me at least.


The pump will be painted weather red and will have a floral arrangement. I found the whiskey barrel in the Tim Holtz collection in a package of two.



I finally found a lovely Cricut Machine in another Etsy store located in Sweden, Dear Josie Miniatures.  I watched the item for months and then decided that I should just go for it. The printer? I think came from My Miniature Emporium. And I made the Cricut mats myself.


Now for an exciting, easy project. I ran across these floral craft embellishments at Hobby Lobby and had to have them. I posted a while back about my work intensive project creating my lemon tree for the greenhouse. It's a great project, but for beginners or those who just want a simple little fruit tree and don't want to invest in all the supplies to build one from scratch, these would be perfect!


There are 3 colors: orange, yellow  lighter orange, and red with two stems each. I began by removing the large, really out of scale bottom leavers then I arranged the branches to create a more realistic tree. Next I put the two stems together and taped them in place with floral tape--so if you do this project go over to the floral section and get yourself some floral tape.


A quick dig in flower making stash yielded some floral styrofoam, a pot, and some moss. 


And there it is. I think I would use a clean acrylic glaze to liven up the leaves and the fruit. The fruit could even be painted a more realistic color.



Next to my hand created lemon tree, the "fake" fits nicely, I think.




One more purchase: a mechanic's creeper sourced on ShapeWays, a website that has a multitude of 3-D printed miniatures. To locate it, got to ShapeWays.com>MarketPlace>Miniatures>Interior Designs




Key Chain Barbie, now a top rated Mustang mechanic, is very excited to have the creeper.


She'll have put the coupe up on blocks to get under it; still she's thankful to have such a necessary mechanic's tool. 


Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are enjoying your mini projects. 

Cheers,
Ann




No comments:

Post a Comment

Houseworks, LTD Garage Kit, a Perfect Fit

It's late April and we are supposed to be doing spring garden clean up, cutting back last year's canes on the roses, hacking away at...